Main Place

Robertson

Quick Fact
  • 21,929

  • 5,676

  • 8,4%

  • 89%

  • 97,5%

  • 94,8%

Robertson is named after Dr William Robertson, the first minister of the Dutch Reformed Church in Clanwilliam, and minister of Swellendam. There are a number of heritage sites in the area, such as the Pink Church (1859), and the Powder House (which was used to store gunpowder). There are more than 50 registered wine cellars in the area. (GPS coordinates: 33.8093 S, 19.8909 E).

Character(s) left.
  • Raper PE. 2004. New dictionary of South African Place Names. Jonathan Ball Publishers.
  • http://www.wikipedia.org

Statistics South Africa (Stats SA) monitors the quality of the information available on this website and updates the information regularly. However, neither Stats SA nor the Stats SA Website Department (StatsOnline) guarantees, or accepts legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material contained on this website or on any linked site.

Key Statistics 2011

Characteristics
Total population21,929
Young (0-14)26,7%
Working Age (15-64)65,3%
Elderly (65+)8%
Dependency ratio53,1
Sex ratio93,6
Population density965 persons/km2
No schooling aged 20+3,7%
Higher education aged 20+8,4%
Matric aged 20+31,1%
Number of households5,676
Average household size3,6
Female headed households38,1%
Formal dwellings94,1%
Housing owned/paying off65,3%
Flush toilet connected to sewerage94,8%
Weekly refuse removal99%
Piped water inside dwelling89%
Electricity for lighting97,5%

Place names

Langeberg Municipality