The United Nation World Data Forum Secretariat announced the launch of the “Virtual UN World Data Forum” at http://bit.ly/2jyL4aP. This is a platform that will allow participants of the first UN World Data Forum, as well as other members of the global data and statistics community, to carry forward the conversations around innovative data solutions and initiatives that took place from 15 to 18 January 2017 in Cape Town, South Africa.
This Virtual UN World Data Forum provides a space to share ideas, resources and takeaways from the first UN World Data Forum, suggest follow-up questions, and dive into practical implementation challenges around the 6 main thematic areas of the Forum.
Through the “Virtual UN World Data Forum” platform, you will be able to:
• Contribute your inputs to the discussions initiated during the Forum among data and statistics experts from around the globe.
• Exchange best practices and ideas to harness the power of data for sustainable development
• Share your initiatives that are relevant to the outcomes of the first UN World Data Forum, including the Cape Town Global Action Plan for Sustainable Development Data. (See more here: http://undataforum.org/ WorldDataForum/launch-of-the- cape-town-global-action-plan- for-sustainable-development- data/)
Below, you will find a few guidelines when interacting on the “Virtual UN World Data Forum”.
1) Stay on topic.
2) Before creating a new post, make sure that the issue has not been previously addressed. You can always add comments to existing posts.
3) Respect the views of others.
4) Be clear and concise, limiting each contribution to 2-3 paragraphs as a maximum.
5) Keep the global audience in mind, and leaving out excessive jargon.
6) Please include hyperlinks to relevant sources and background information.
7) All photos, videos, GIFs, infographics, and text must be relevant to the topic
The #UNDataForum team will be reviewing the platform regularly. They will ensure that key comments from the “Virtual UN World Data Forum” are shared via the twitter page as well.
Please note that non-related comments, advertising, and promotional materials will be removed. If you have a suggestion, please email email@example.com
United Nations Statistics Division (UN World Data Forum Secretariat)